Custom Search

4.5.09

Mayim Chinese Cuisine

Last week, yes the Labour Day weekend, went to Westmall Mayim Chinese Cuisine for dinner. I always pass by this restaurant but didnt have a chance to try it out. It always has a looooooooooooong queue during dinner time. Finally, me and Shalom picked up our courage to try on this restaurant.
After ordering our food, I was busy taking pictures at the cutleries. Well, not because they are unique or what, I just like the way they arrange the cutleries. Very soothing to the eye.

First dish served was this peanut gravy noodles. I would like to bring your attention the the gravy. This gravy is really speacial!! I never tasted something like this before. It's spicy but it will not numb. It's thick but will not make you bored. The fragrance and the taste of the soup still lingers in my mind. Hehehhehe ... The noodles are good. I think they make it fresh. It's not too soggy and not too hard. Just nice and very smooth too. I love this noodles. We cant help but to bottoms up the peanut gravy. Aside from peanuts, they have minced meat accomponied on this dish. But the main character here is the peanut gravy. One bowl was just nice for both of us. ^_^
Next on the table was the fried vegetables or known as tempura in Japanese. It tastes like the normal tempura that you can find in any japanese restaurant. Therefore, there is nothing much to introduce here.
Then, again, the attention is for this dumpling. This was a minced meat plus leeks dumplings. It doesnt taste like the normal China chinese dumplings where the skin is thick and hard. The skin was made so smoooth. It is much smoother than wontan skin. Plus the sauce gives a very great combination. Though it's only black soya sauce with minced garlic and salted vegetables. Hehehe ... taste superb.
The meal was really great ones. Plus the price is not too expensive too. I think it's SGD20 if I am not mistaken. Do correct me Shalom since I am not the one paying =P and thanks for the meal naja. Enjoyed to food very much. Hehehehe ... Will go back again to try out their dim sum and other stuff yo~~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails