Custom Search

5.5.09

Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao

Meet Ardy for dinner tonight at Jurong Point. Have not seen him for after Min's visit to Singapore. He got himself a brand new haircut which I think he looks G.R.E.A.T with the way he styled his hair. I hope he can keep this style. Ardy hadnt got any idea of food that he wants to eat. Definitely no Japanese food for him. That's what he said when I first asked him what he would like to eat.
At first, I planned to have at Pioneer Wharf due to the SGD25 per kg crab promotion. But in the end we withdrew the plan cos the terms was to spend a minimum of SGD150 to get the promotional price. *Gasp* My jaw dropped and I need to dragged it out while walking out of the restaurant. I guess the lady was quite annoyed as she thought she could get some business from us. Hehehe ... but sorry I am just a poor student. Cant afford to eat such an expensive food.
Next thing that came into my mind was the Korean Restaurant that I saw on the Jurong Point website but I cant find it. So we ended up in Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao at the old Jurong Point or known as JP1.

Took their cutleries. Still Mayim is better in terms of their cutleries presentation.

Dish #1: Xiao long bao (Steamed Pork Dumpling)
The skin of the bun is too thick I would say. Soup in the bun is not enough. However, it's not too salty. The bun will taste better if the skin is a little bit more thinner. Yes, I know it will tear off easily but that's the uniqueness of the bun. Skin have to be sturdy and at the same time thin. That's the speciality of xiao long bao. Besides, when the this dish was serve, it was not hot enough. It cools down a little. So it was only so so.
Dish #2: Mixed Hot Pot
This dish is basically a soup base dish. Consist of white cabbage, meatballs (minced meat made into balls), egg dumplings (minced meat inside a thin layer of omelette), carrot, prawns, glass noodles, bamboo shoots and mushrooms. The taste of the soup are not oily. So you wont feel as if you are drinking oil. I think they boil the bones for several hours to make that stock (a little milky in colour). Although it looks as if it's very thick, it didnt taste that at all. Very refreshing soup and the ingredients were very fresh. But I think it's a bit overpriced considering the ingredients. Too much cabbage while other ingredients are very much less.

Dish #3: Fried Kailan with Mushrooms and Black Fungus
I never thought that black fungus can be fried it that way. All along I dont like black fungus as they are quite chewy and hard to swallow. But to my surprise, the black fungus are very soft, smooth and slimy. It's as soft as the white fungus. Kailan, mushrooms and vegetables are fresh. They fried it together with oyster sauce, I think. Cos it tasted very much like oyster sauce to me. And of course garlic is in there too. This dish is not oily at all. You definitely will not see a layer of oil after you finish the vegetables. A good dish! Like this.

Dish #4: Fried Beef with Mushrooms and Bell Pepper
This was the best dish of all. I love the beef. Very very very tender. It tasted more like venison meat than a beef to me. The bell pepper totally covered the smell of the beef (the unpleasant beefy smell for not a proper cooked beef). Since I love bell pepper so much, I at most of the bell pepper =P. There was a sweet taste but I cant figure it out what was that. Definitely not sweet cos the fragrance of the sweetness will linger in your mouth for a while after you swallowed the meat.

Had a great meal again today. In order to avoid horizontal growth, I didnt have any rice for this meal *wink*. So I was not too full. Hehehe .... cos I am targeting for my once in a lifetime Bikini's shot sometime later. Kekekeke ......

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails