Custom Search

13.5.09

The BP Imperial Restaurant

On Sunday (10 May 2009), this time I must get Seaview for Mum's Mother's Day celebration. Again, another big disappointment. Sigh ... sienz .... Weddings again ...... Arggghhhhhh .... I think hard where to bring mum to eat and Imperial Restaurant struck my mind. I have always seen this restaurant located along Jalan Sultanah for BP members I think those who goes tuition will know where Jasa or the Yokoso Breadshop is right? So need not my long lengthy elaboration on it. So decided on this restaurant. First step into it, we thought it's going to close soon as there were quite a number of table uncleared. I braved in and ask the waitress. To my surprise it was still doing its business. After placing our orders, as usual, I took out my camera and start snapping.

This was served as a snack before our meal was served. Yes, peanuts. It's very common in Malaysia where you get peanuts before your meal. Normally, they will charge you RM1 or 2 for this.

The servings from this restaurant was really slow. It took them half an hour to one hour to get our meal served. I think it was due to the shortage of the workers in the restaurant. Maybe business wasn't too good. Who knows (*shrugged my shoulders). To kill my boredom, I played around with the chillies in the saucer. Mine wasnt that great. This was mum's work of art. Hahahahaha.... She didnt play with me actually. She just randomly put the chillies in the saucer and it just look nicely arranged .... Mum is always superb!!

Finally, the dishes are here and my stomach was growling. It got stucked from the front to the back. Time to wallop the fooooood!!!!
Dish #1: Longetivity Noodles
A common dish to pray for the long live of both our parents during their birthdays. No, it's neither my dad's nor my mum's nor my bro's birthday. But why the noodles????!!! Well, cos they are shortage of rice. So in order to wait for the rice to cook, they suggested us we ordered something else. This noodles was recommended by the waitress. But taste so so. Not particularly interesting. Just normal I would say. I still prefer the longetivity noodles in another restaurant in Muar. Taste way much much better than this. But as the chinese saying "no fish, shrimp also okay what" - bo ghe he ar ho. Not sure if I pronounced it correctly in English. =P
Dish #2: Yam Ring
My mum's favourite dish. In any restaurant, this is a dish that must not be missed. The ring is made from yam that is crushed after it was cooked. Then, the chef mould the yam into ring and deep fried it. Normally, they will stir-fry some stuff to stuffed into the yam ring. There are a few dishes you can go with it and we had chosen Gongpao Chicken.

Dish #3: Boxed Tofu
The tofu was super soft!! There was a hole inside each tofu so that the anchovies and peanuts can be filled in. Underneath was Pak Choy and it was topped with oyster sauce gravy. In total not a bad dish. Quite unique and nice.

Dish #4: Spring Onion and Ginger Fish
This was a fish dish. The fish was fried with spring onion and ginger. A normal dish that you can get in any chinese cooked food.

Dish #5: Brocolli with Scallop
Another all time favourite when eating out. Brocolli was fried with scallop, carrot and a few kinds of mushrooms. Brocolli was first boiled in water and arrange onto plate. Set them aside, then fry the scallops, carrot and mushrooms with soya sauce. Add in constarch when they are about to ready to get thickenned gravy. Then, spread it on the broccolli and hey presto! A nice scallop brocolli is done!!! I know how to do it too but it's a lot of hassle if you are going to just cook it for one person though. Hehehehe ... so the best is to eat out. Hahahahhaa.....


Overall, the dishes were not too bad. But still mum prefers Seaview though cos this restaurant is too salty. You felt really thirsty after the meal! I wonder how much MSG they put into the dishes =P. But it's not a bad tried out though ^_^

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails