Custom Search

20.5.09

Finally able to do Nude Make-up

After a few time of practicing, finally, I am able to present you my nude make-up. At first, it took me about 30 minutes for this nude look. But after three to four times of practice, I am able to cut down the time to 15 minutes. There are a lot of girls out there who are actually like me in the past. In the past, I would think that make-up was something scary and really troublesome. I will sweat everytime I see them -_-". Presently, I enjoy doing make-up a lot. For girls out there who still think that make up is something scary, fear not! I have overcome it and definitely you can too. I will tell more of this in the topic entitled personal grooming in the next post.

Alright back to our nude make up topic. Personally, I do not like make-up which is too thick since I was working in the lab. Something that doesnt make the make up too obvious but it will make a difference to your face. I do not like to give people the impression that you are totally two different beings with make up on. I prefer something that is quite similar to my current look with a define facial features. I did a number of research on nude make-up and did a trial and error task. After a few times, you will know how to do it naturally ^_^.
Tools that you need is quite a list (at least to me before I know nothing about make up):-
  • Foundation (that blends well with your skin colour)
  • Pressed powder (that blends well with your skin colour)
  • Eyeliner (Blue best is with brown colour)
  • Eyebrow pencil (optional) (as close to your brow colour)
  • Blusher (your choice but definitely not red)
  • Eyeshadow (Cream beige)
  • Highlighter (optional)
  • Mascara (optional)
  • Lipstick or Lipgloss

Those listed above are the basics for a nude makeup creation. Troublesome, huh? No worries, I find it troublesome too. Hahahhaha .... So what I did before makeup was to put all the essentials stuff on your clean face (toner, moisturiser, sun block etc). Next, lay a layer of foundation and then pressed powder. Be reminded to apply it until your neck. You definitely would not want people to see you have two skin tone. It looks totally weird. If you want to avoid the weirdo nick, so better do this correctly.

After the foundation and powdering done, do your eyes first. B'cos, for me, eyes are the hardest stuff to apply. Put on your cream beige eye shadow on. This is to ensure that your eyeliner wont smudge your eyes after a few hours and it makes your eyes shine too. *Wink* Line the eyeliner as close to your upper eyelashes as possible. I dont think you want people to see that you have a thick layer of eyeliner around your eyes unless you are going for a photoshoot. Or else it will really look too much for normal daily outing! For me personally, I think thick eyeliner will look good if you go parties or clubbing or on stage. But going outing as usual, I think that will be too much. I dont really like that though. Put a layer of mascara on the upper eyelashes if you feel like it. Not two or three layers. Just a layer else similar to eyeliner, it makes the eye too define and it makes you look like an Egyptian Queen. Scary~~~ Put blusher on both of your cheekbone to create a rosy cheek. Then, a lipstick or lipgloss to make you lips looks fuller and healthier. Lastly, apply highlighter on the features that you would like to enhance and contour on the features that you would like to hide. Normally, highlighter are use on the T-zone and above cheekbone (just right below your eyes). Meanwhile contouring on your for your jaws to create a sharper face shape. Check if you need any touch up. And now you can go out and have fun!!!

Below are two pictures with and without make up. Can you spot the difference?












Till then and have fun trying. If you dont take the first step, who will?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails