Custom Search

12.5.09

"Teh Cangkung" Porridge Place

I went back home to Batu Pahat last Saturday (09 May 2009). I wanted to give a good Mother's Day celebration for my mom. But .... sigh ... too bad, due to it falls on Wesak Day as well, there is a wedding dinner held at Seaview Restaurant. It's mum's favourite restaurant in Batu Pahat. So in the end, we changed our plan of dinner place. Mum's suggested a place located along Jalan Tongkang Pecah. If you guys know where Chok Dee Restaurant (The Thai Restaurant at BP) is, then you are able to see this shop. She said there is always crowds at this coffee shop.
This coffee shop gave me a feeling of roadside stall, which is known as "Teh Cangkung" in Malay. The shop is named, direct translation, "Mountain (Shan) Wood (Mu) Vegetable (Cai) Night Eating Place: Porridge"

The choices of vegetables, meat, fish and seafood are very limited. They are only those that you can see on the "kitchen" table of that shop. However, if you are a person who needs to eat at fancy places all the time or dress really well all the time, I will not recommend you to this place. As there is no aircond and it looks shabby. So I wont suggest, guys to bring their girlfriends here for first date. It would definitely backfired unless, she is a girl who is really adventurous and love to test things out. Maybe ... it is fine. But no guarantee though ... Therefore, better play safe hahahahhaha ..... I arranged the dishes in the sequence when they are served hot. Hehehe. ... cos I am eating while snapping at the same time. My mum really cant stand on me keep shotting on the pictures. Hahahaha...



Dish #1: Stir-fry Tapioca Leaves



Dish #2: Deep fried red fish



Dish #3: Onion Omelette


Dish #4: Stir-fry Kangkong


Dish #5: Stir-fry Pork Belly with Soya sauce


Dish #6: Stir-fry Cockles with Soya Sauce



All the dishes above taste really really very homely. I just love the taste. Those dishes reminds me a lot of the dishes that my paternal grandmother cook. It brings back the memories when I spent my childhood at the estates. That's the one of the most wonderful and irreplaceable memories. I think it can be easily cooked at home. But there is always a BUT!! People nowadays just find cooking too hassle and decided to eat out. Therefore, this business thrives!! Except the fish and the omelette, all dishes were fried with bird chillies. Cos bird chillies enhanced the taste of the food. Among all the dishes, I love cockles the most. I love eating cockles my entire life despite the allergies that I am going to get. Who cares. I just want to satisfy my taste bud. Hehehhee ... eat anti-histamine after that ... no big deal what =P .... It cost about RM50 for that meal. A little over price though, still there are a lot of people eating that as it is a reminiscence of the food in the past. Would you spend that amount of money?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails