Custom Search

30.4.09

Chinatown Food Street

Went to Chinatown Food Street for dinner. At first, what I wanted to try out is the Tianjin Restaurant in Chinatown. But it changed my mind when me and Ah-Sha walked past the food street. This food street reminds me of "teh cangkung" (last time when you have food by the roadside, you squat and eat) hehehehe .... when I was young very young. The design and everything is really reminiscing - a recollection of the olden days. The food there looks really appealing. I hold myself back a lot since I cant eat crab. I wanted to try out the BBQ seafood. Looks real good. But too bad. Due to my allergies towards seafood, I have to restrain myself well. So the yearn of seafood switch to fried oyster instead. The fried oyster taste so so. After you get too much of it, you feel bored. No much of oyster found where there are some stall will give you a real big oyster. The chilli sauce was too sour. So didnt really like this one much.

Then, Ah-Sha came with stay on his hands. It's pork satay I think. Taste not too bad. But I would say the meat was somewhat a bit too dry. Sauce was nice. No wonder Ah-Sha finished up the sauce. As if the sauce was the soup. He just gulp it down. Hahahahhahahaha....
After our satay and fried oyster, we continued our food search. My, my what a surprise to find German sausage in the middle of Chinatown. I love this stall. The sausage taste the same as the one that I had in New Habour Cafe. And the man who is managing the stall is a German too... I think ....
A set of his sausages .... and it was pretty cheap too ...
We ordered the German Pork Bratwurst. And it taste good with the mustard and chilli sauce. However, it was too dry. Probably due to the repeating grilling of the sausage.
Hopefully, someday I will be able to travel to German and eat some real authentic German sausage there *wink*

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails