Custom Search

13.4.09

Antz on the move!!

It's weird to see ants busy-ing themselves looking for food. I have been observing this situation since last week. At first, I thought they are shifting their nest. However, I started to get suspicious when the shifting doesnt end after more than a week (where normally it only takes two or three days). Besides, I dont see any ant larvae or the Queen being moved around. That's why I took a closer observation on it. To my surprise they are moving food. As if they are storing up for some event that is going to take place.
I know I know .... It may sounds a little crazy here. But still remember the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" where the animals are moving their destination and go berserk? Or you guys just treated it as a movie which is not even worth remembering? I wonder what's going to happen when the ants stop piling up the food. In the myth that my grandmother passed down, she said that when ants are moving their nest there will be a heavy downpour. True enough, when the ants finished moving, indeed a very very heavy storm (that lasted two or three days till it causes flooding) followed. I wonder what it is this time. Storing food and stuff. Does that mean there will be a heavy downpour for several days or the temperature will drastically change? When winter is drawing near, insects and animals will stock up their food and go for hibernation. This also reminds me the tsunami event that happened a few years back. Animals will keep moving to a higher place before the tsunami really happen. Hmm... I really really wonder what will happen when the ants stop their moves. Hmmmmm......

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails