Custom Search

21.1.09

Post-OQE Celebration

The big day has come and gone. I have overcome this. First of all, I would like to thank my dearest friends who came down to support me at the scene of presentation (since it's opened to public) as well as those who has been supporting me although they are not here.

I was grilled during the OQE exam, but the examiners are good people. Giving me more insights revolving my research. Hmm.. need to think more deeply on that. Besides, need to strengthen my understanding on fundamental chemistry. Still quite weak on that. Need to read more books and papers to gain more confidence. Cos this is where the real battle begins!

To prepare for more challenges ahead, of course, have to go and have a BIG celebration!! Yay!!! So Peace was there for me! Yes!! He gave me a jelly lens as a present! Yay so Gooood!!! Thanks Peace. We went to Sakae Sushi at West Coast Plaza for dinner. While waiting for the food to be served, we played around with the jelly lens that Peace gave me!! The angle of capturing is wider in comparison to the original ones. So can you guys spot the differences between jelly lens and normal handphone camera?? Hehehehehehe...Check it out!! Love it so much!! Thanks Peace! You are the best again!! Always know what I needed ^_^. Soooo happy, yay!!

Next stop, we went to Funan. Peace is looking for his camera accesories. So walk around a few shops to find the accesories that he was looking for. Not too bad we got two lens cover at Peninsular Plaza. Though we didnt get the hood and the thin lens converter (I dont think I am right in this point, cos cant remember what that ring thing called) but at least we got the lens. So no worries. Yes, after lingering around Funan, dinner time is here again. Yosh!!


This time, Peace recommended Aroy-Thai in Funan. Aroy means tasty in Thai and yes, truly indeed the food are really Aroy Mak Ma!!!! Love it so much. First, we are served with some snacks which is "kerepek" in Malay. Where they use tapioca, dried it and then deep fried it. Normally, it goes very well with sweet chilli sauce. I love the way they served the "kerepek" looks very artistic by using this kind of dish. It's it very very Thai.

While waiting for the food, I asked Peace to took picture of me. This is the surrounding of Aroy-Thai. Nice ambience. Not so many people when we are there. And the food serving is quite fast. However, the restuarant gets merrier at about 730pm. Hmm... good thing that we went early. Else our stomach will grumble and protest for food.

Yes, finally food came. We ordered a baby kailan fried with salted fish and a coconut milk soup. Not quite sure about the exact name. But they really taste superb and heavenly. Gosh...have not been eating such a nice food for a looooooooooooong time!! Yes, love it soooooooo much!!
Take a look at the baby kailan. The salted fish is not too salty and they dont have the fishy smell. Just nice and they fried with oyster sauce as well. Nice dish I would say!!

This is the limelight of tonight's dinner. It has a strong aroma of lemongrass. Niceeeeeeeeee!!!! It is just irresistable to not ask for more. The coconut milk taste like tom yam soup and it doesnt exactly taste like tomyam!! That's the amazing thing. Consist quite a lot of ingredients inside too. Price wise not too expensive. In comparison to Thai Express, nah ... no more Thai Express for me next time. If I want Thai food, definitely Aroy-Thai comes into my mind!! Found another good restaurant in Singapore!! Life is getting more meaningful with good food~~~ Blissful... yes!!Dessert time!! Ordered grass jelly and water chestnut with coconut milk. Though they are sweet but the sweetness is totally different. Cant really figure out what the sweetness is. But who cares, just eat to satisfied our taste bud Hahahahhahaha..... Grass jelly well, it's just grass jelly. But there are something more on the water chestnut with coconut milk. Water chesnuts are chopped and wrapped in glutinous rice flour (we guess). Then they are boiled and put into coconut milk. Add in some grinded ice. Phew~~taste really good. It will be even better if you eat this by the beach. It will really cools you down~~

Had a great night tonight again! Thanks again Peace!!! Not regretting knowing you!! Yay!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails