Custom Search

21.2.09

Red Lacquer: Penang Peranakan

Met Ardy today for dinner. At the same time, borrowed some money from him due to the delay of my scholarship. Sad... I hope they are able to put it in next month since Hannah said that she already submitted the scholarship renewal form to the Graduate School of Engineering. Pray they will backpay me...
Ok ok today's topic is not about the grumbles and complaints. Well, my when I set my foot on Jurong Point, I saw a totally brand new Jurong Point. The long constructed building/condo is done!! Looks very grand and nice. Since Ardy was late (since he overslept ... cant blame him cos he has been too busy with his schoolwork), so I decided to take a window shopping over there. There are really lots of shops and restaurants over there. Ranging from low end to high end. It really caters the need from all working range of people. I love this concept. Anyone can just shop shop and shop!! Even you dont wish to buy anything, window shopping is fine too. ^_^


Finally, Ardy arrived and I was famished. My exploration wasn't in vain. I suggested Ardy that we went for Penang Peranakan (Penang food). I missed the food in Penang soooooooo much!!! Therefore, decided to try it over there and see if the taste are the same. The name is depicted in the pictures. Ambience is not too bad too.

We waited for our food and to our disappointment, those who ordered later than us got their food first. The old couple next to our table started to make noise when our food was served (cos they come in earlier than us). The lady make a fuss in the restaurant and start shouting that she wanted to cancel her order and get out of the restaurant. She was so scary ^~^ Well, I guess the manager somehow got shocked. That always happen when you have too many people in the restaurant. Sometimes, I guess we just need to be a little bit understanding and polite when we are talking to people. However, still, the restaurant is at fault. Hope that they learnt their lesson well ^_^. By having bad experience, you serve better. So dont take it to heart ja~~

We ordered on Loh Bak (pork in taufu skin rolls) and they supplemented us with deep fried soft taufu. They tasted alright. I still love the Loh Bak by Dua Yi!! Currently, cant find any sellers that can beat her!!

To go with our rice, we ordered Kapitan Curry Chicken. This supposed to be a nyonya kind of food. This one taste good but not to the extent that you will go WOW. The smell of the coconut milk and the leaves are very strong. This leaves the aroma lingering in your mouth though.
The second dish we ordered is fried long beans with prawns. They used chilli paste (belacan) and dried shrimps to fried this dish. This one taste not too bad too. But I guess everyone who knows how to cook can make this dish. But we are just too lazy cos quite a number of steps in cooking this though.



Overall, to me, the food doesnt make me crave to go back for more. It doesnt taste too bad if you miss Penang food but definitely, you have to go Penang yourself in order to taste the authenticness. Awww... miss Penang food soooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails