Custom Search

30.3.09

What a Lazy Bum Bum

Went to WS2 (Water Technology Laboratory) to work on my LC-MS/MS (liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry). This equipment is used to detect a chemical compound in a very small amount. I went there pinning a high hope that this machine is going to work. Since the lab officer need to prepare some chemical reagents for the undergraduate laboratory class, I have to wait in the room. It's a freezing room I would say. Very cold....Brrr.... Due to the safety check, all are required to wear lab coats when you are in the lab. Luckily the lab coat is there. Feel a little bit warmer. While waiting, I snapped a few pics of myself again in the lab (since I was the only one there hahahaha) ... If I didnt do it back then, dont think I will have this good chance to do it. Hohohoho .... See the machine behind me? That's the mass spectrometry machine ... Do I look pro? Hahahahaha....
This is normally how I look when I am analyzing the result from that machine. Cos you will always find weird results that will really make you go frowning everytime. I think if I kept frowning, my wrinkles on my forehead will develop soon. Sigh.... that's really a sad case. Sacrifice so much for the PhD. Hopefully, it will treat me better in the future. Really hope for that to happen ~~


When the lab officer came back and helped me with the run, she found out that the machine got stucked!!! No wonder I cant even get any chromatogram (a graph with some lines in it) of the compound at all for the 4 runs. Sad... wasted the sample bottles though. Pray that tomorrow the machine will work perfectly fine. Pray for me too folks... Thanks in advance!! ^_^

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails