Custom Search

1.11.08

Soy bean paste noodles + Pan fried Dumpling + Brownie

It's food indulging time again. Yippie!!! Today's menu comprises of soy paste noodles, pan fried dumpling and brownie. And they are found in the place nearby where I stay and in school. The objective is to release stress and to give myself a better treat after a few weeks of hard work. But the work didnt seem to pay off well though. *Sob*sob* However, the food does really makes me get back to life. Hehehehehhee...Feeling much much better after gobbling the food down my stomach...Hee..

Soy bean paste noodles (Cha jiang mian) + Pan Fried Dumpling (Kuo Tie)
Both of the dishes mentioned are found in the Szechuan restaurant (Formosa Delights) near my house (beside West Coast Community Center-it's always full house especially with those PRC customers). It doesnt cost much though. Cheap and nice *Thumbs up* SGD 4.80 for the noodles and SGD 3.50 for the dumpling. As you can see, I am pretty much a Szechuan cuisine lover. Ranging from Taste of the Chuan to the Szechuan food at school. It seems that Szechuan dishes is a must for me weekly. I dont feel quite right if I dont eat them on that particular week. Hmm...I know what you guys are thinking...but i am definitely not a weirdo...the food capture my heart somehow...hehe.

This is how the "cha jiang mian" looks like. It consist of some parsley, spinach, tau kwa, meat and of course noodles. The tau kwa and meat are cooked with soy bean paste. Then, the noodles and vegetables are cooked over boiling water before the mixture of soybean paste are covered on top of the noodles. Well, of course you have to mixed everything together before you eat. However, I still prefer the version from another stall near my place also. Although that version has only toufu cooked with soy bean paste and zucchini, it gives you a very refreshing taste rather than this. However, this doesnt taste too bad too. You definitely wont feel oily as other types of dried noodles that you have taken.




This is how the pan fried dumpling looks like. If you notice the small saucer, it consist of ginger soaked in black vinegar. The taste of the dumpling will not be enhanced if you do not eat them with vinegar and the soak ginger. Normally, they will put vegetables and meat for the dumpling filling. In today's case, they put leeks. It wont make you feel too meaty. However, I do think that it's too oily. It will be better if they cook the way gyoza is being cooked where they pan fried it with water. I guess it will taste even better. Dumpling is a weekly must have for me too. I just love the taste. Miss my school dumplings....Great wall.....
Chocolate Brownie with Vanilla Ice Cream Toppings
This is ordererd in school where they called the place Munchies Monkey. It's a kind of western restaurant in school. The pastas, cakes, smoothies, milkshakes, pizza are not expensive if you compared with the price outside. I had this on Friday afternoon when Jiaxuan came back to school after she started her new job ... yes.. a great job which is called TEACHER... bringing up the leaders of the future... hehehhee... The except chocolate, they have some walnuts mixed in the brownies. the crunchiness of the walnut blends well with the chocolate. it's not too sweet in comparison to the brownies that I made myself from the mixed that I got it from Hershey's. It's really a sweet indulgence. But I just love it though it really store up a lot of excess fats in it.
I guess I need to cut down my food intake and more work outs for the following week. *Sigh* Me and my mouth. I just cant resist food. Totally being tempted by them.... whoever is not tempted by food do teach me a few tricks to resist the temptation... *Grins*

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails