Custom Search

11.11.08

NUS SUN Bistro

This is a new restaurant, just opened recently at NUS Staff Club called SUN Bistro. Previously, it was another restaurant but I don't know what's it called. Never been there though I always pass through the front door when I go for my jogging session. Till recently Huiling told me about this restaurant and saying the restaurant is affordable. So decided to try it out since I appointed a friend (Mr. Wong Hoong Shing) of mine for dinner. Initially, I never thought that the restaurant will be somewhat fancy type of restaurant. But the moment I stepped in it... OMG ... it looks totally totally very superbly very awesome (considering that this .. well.. university) and you dont expect somewhat a fancy restaurant to be appear in some corner of NUS. I was totally awed (just that I didnt awed with my mouth dropped for the sake of my image ... hahaha...) Well, it's better to look at the pic rather than just keep babbling about how nice it is. A very romantic place I would say but sigh...too bad me and Hoong Shing aint couple .. so cant really appreciate the ambience that much. But for lovers in NUS do not worry to try this out.

Me in the fancy restaurant in NUS. Much better than the ambience in restaurant located in NUS Alumni House where the prices of their food is more or less the same.

In addition, the service from the waitress I would say well-trained. Friendly and well-mannered despite we are only students. Service 4-star rated. At first, I thought the food must be somewhat expensive judging from the ambience and the service we get. But I was wrong. The food was totally affordable though the food might not come from expensive stuff. Good enough for me though.
First thing served was Mr.Wong's cappucino. So I cant resist of snapping a picture of it. And thanks to him for cooperating with me so well when I said I want to snap a picture of him drinking the cappucino. This is the look that he gave to me. Thanks, dude!!

Second to be on the list is the appetiser. THey called it Grilled XXX Sausage. Cant remember the name and I think it cost about SGD5.50 i think... Three types of sausage accompanied by ketchup i think cos it taste like ketchup...well whatever... it taste not too bad. What sausage are they I am not too sure. Just know how to eat hahahahaha

Here comes the main dish ordered by Hoong Shing. They called it Matahari Istimewa (literal translation will be The Special Sun Delight??). It comprises of fried rice, fried chicken, acar, egg, and fish fillet. If I dont remember it wrongly, I think it cost about SGD8.90. The fried rice is well well fried cos I got to taste a bit of the rice hehehe...not too oily though.. good and healthy...not that bad but of course if you tried to compared it with outside restaurant it will be a little bit off la...

Again, Mr. Wong cannot wait to devour his food. I guess he is really too hungry cos it's about 7plus 8pm hahaha ... well, I am hungry too...hehehehe...

My turn. I ordered Steamed Bulgogi XXX XXX cant remember the name :( ... It comes with a ginger fried chicken, miso soup (doesnt taste like one - more on those shredded chicken and mushroom soup with some starch in it). Well, not too bad and it was served real hot .. and I burnt my tongue :( Hwaaaaaa........... but of course I maintain my cool hahahaha

Here goes.... ITADAKIMASU!!! *Chomp*Chomp*Chomp* Ginger chicken was tender and the meat was well seasoned. It's a healthy choice cos they have Chinese cabbage, capsicum, onions and ginger. You have all the nutrition that you need in this one set meal which cost about SGD 8.90/9.90 ...

Then, lastly, I craved for some dessert but of course I share it with Hoong Shing else I cant finish it. They called it The Trio where you have ice creame of sesame, green tea and strawberry flavour with cherry, waffles, cream and chocolate rice toppings!!
Nice arrangement but of course doesnt taste as good as New Zealand located at YIH. The ice cream is much lighter, less creamy and not that smooth though... Waffle is not crispy enough. So doesnt really impress me much about it. However, in order not to disappoint the ice-cream, Hoong Shing snapped a pic for me as a memory before I gobble the ice cream up .. .scary huh...hahahahaha... the Last Moment before Death ... Hahahaha
And during dessert time Hoong Shing shared some of his really totally hillarious joke of the year with me. Because of the bread he nearly miss his flight back in Singapore when he went to a conferene in Japan. I cant stop laughing till we parted our ways cos the way he describe it is totally hillarious. I laughed till my tears are out and my stomach cramp. It is still cramping now and I cant help stop laughing when his words replayed on how he rush in to become the last passenger boarding in my head. It was really a good laugh! Thanks Hoong Shing for the good laugh and that really helps in getting rid of all the stress and tension that I am in (if you know what I am talking about... *wink*wink*). A really damn superb good one lor. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA... well, share again with me some other stuffs that is hillarious which you have encountered. Judging from the way you said it, you will definitely have more to come....Looking forward in hearing them again. Hahahahhahahahhaa....
Wow..look at time. It's almost lunch time now. Alrite going to have my lunch folks. Enjoy reading! *Kisses*Kisses*

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails