Custom Search

28.9.09

Mount Fuji = Fuji-san = 富士山

It was the second day in Japan. These two days had been raining most of the time. From the moment we stepped out from the hotel till we got back to the hotel. I later then found out that actually, during that time, Taiwan was having typhoon. There is a possibility that there might be floods in Japan!! No wonder we didnt even see a soul on the street! Three of us are like walking happily on the street wondering where on earth does the people go! Now I know why ... hmmmm ....
It took us about 3 hours to reach Mt Fuji from Tokyo. Since I am staying in Funabori area (which I will blog it later), I need to transfer 3 trains. First is from Funabori (Tokyo Metroline) to Tokyo station and from Tokyo station to "Cant remember what" station that leads to Mt Fuji (JR line) and lastly from that "cant remember what" station to Mt. Fuji. It takes us about 3 hours to reach Mt Fuji from the place I stay. WALAU .. EHHHHH .... very far. What I did was sleeping as I didnt even get a wink while I was on the flight and on the first night at the hotel. It was a nice sleep though .. hehehehe ....
We finally reached the station. We need to take shuttle bus to round the Five Fuji Lakes where you can get to catch a glimpse of Mt Fuji at any area of the lakes. We missed the bus and we need to wait half an hour for that. Therefore, we loiter around as there are a few shops which are open.

Apart from selling their local products, they have restaurant there too. It was not expensive as the food range cost about 600-900 yen (approx 10-15SGD) excluding drinks. That's the cheapest meal cost in any part of Japan. So you can imagine how high their living cost is ...


Those were the candies box that you can find anywhere in Japan. Just that maybe they have different pictures for different places. So we got the one with Mt. Fuji pics imprinted on it! We can find this in Singapore too. But the ones in Singapore are VEEEEERY sweet. The ones in Japan are mildly sweet. And it cost 300-400 yen (approx 5-6SGD). In here we get about (3-4SGD??) cant remember as it was sometime ago that I bought it.


This is Mt. Fuji special! Didnt get to know what this is as we dont really know how this is cooked. But from the look of it, it looks tasty to me. hehehehehe ...

We boarded the bus. Visited the shrine at Mt Fuji viccinity. Along the way, I picked up some pictures which I find it interesting.

Little girl is going back home all by herself. Can imagine how safe Japan is!!!
The blue bell flower ...


Mr. Bee is so hardworking even on rainy days ...


Caught the glimpse of another one hidden among the flowers ...
My mum was soo afraid that I got stung.. Hahahaa


Bus driver no. 1. A very good in service.
He u-turned all the way back when we said we miss our station.
We met some Singaporeans on the bus too. Those who never know
how dangerous it might be during that typhoon period. Hahahaha ....

Bus driver no. 2. This bus uncle, took us all the way just to look at
Mt. Fuji. The route was not the normal route that the bus took. Good Service!!
Took some pics on the bus along the way. Those were the Five Fuji Lakes.



From the moment I stepped on the land of Mt. Fuji, I never had a chance to view it. Cos that day was really very cloudy and misty. You can feel the cold breeze and mist brush passed your cheeks. I was disappointed. According to the folksay, if you are unable to view Mt. Fuji, you will not return to Japan again. I would love to visit Japan again, therefore, I wanted to see Mt. Fuji very much. But God is really kind. The curtains of clouds open their way for us for approximately 20 mins. Then, the clouds closed the Mt. Fuji again. I was very much delighted and overwhelmed!!! Mt Fuji is MAJESTIC!! I just hope this volcano mountain will continue to sleep so the people can enjoy this view much longer ....


Though we were all wet ... be it our shoes or clothes .. we were really happy that we saw this Mt. Fuji. The chances of me going back to Japan is high ... hehehehhee ... it's worth the 6 hours plus travelling just to see Mt. Fuji!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails