Custom Search

5.8.09

The Takoyakis Evening

This time, I wanted to visit ION Orchard. The new shopping mall in Orchard. I read from AsiaOne-Soshiok section saying that the food sold in the food court of this mall is quite cheap. Well, I decided to fulfill my curiosity in food. This takoyaki is from Tsukiji. For you info, Tsukiji is one of the biggest fish market in Tokyo. Most of the Japanese stall in ION Orchard Food Hall are directly from Japan. They hire Japanese chef to cook the dish.

They really have a looooooong queue and we queued for about 15mins to get our takoyakis. It's 4.80SGD for 6 balls. In Takashimaya, you get 3 for SGD3. And it's much more cheaper in comparison. No wonder people will flock in for the queue. They have set menu for this too which I find it's quite cheap in comparison! Choto Mattte!! This is not it! Let's talk about the taste here.

I remembered my sis said about the takoyakis when she was on course for a month in Japan. The best takoyaki is less flour more fillings and it will be hot inside even tough it seems cool from outside! This is exactly what my sis had described!! It has a big piece of tako (red squid) as a fillings and the skin is not thick. When you bite, even it's cool from the outside, it's still fuming from the inside! This was the best Takoyakis that I have had in Singapore. However, I wont say that it's best in Japan as I think there lies better Takoyakis in Japan!!

And I caught a glimpse of this handsome young man doing the Tako ..... His name is Sato~ (GRINS!!). He is really good looking and all the queue is worthwhile just by looking at him Hahahahahhahahaha ...... His hands are really swift. Others are managing 2 racks (4 rows of takoyakis) and he is managing 4 racks. And he still can outbeat those who are managing 2 racks and helped them with it! What a wonderful Tako Man!!!

This is the Tako and how they are doing it! They have to keep tossing so that it wont burnt at the bottom. Really a tough work to keep up with!! I love Tako! Tako tako tako taaaaaakooooooo!!


At the same time, at ION Orchard, we visited the LG store and did some surveys for them. After the survey, we got free gifts of course! A good one! We got a rubis cubes and speaker from LG!! The quality is totally superb! Next time, I am going to change to LG product! High quality, nice, stylish design! Go LG GO!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails